- Popular, proven format: the previous edition sold more than 2,000 copies, solid numbers for a regional title
- Market: More than 40 million people went hiking in the U.S. in 2016, with reasons ranging from enjoyment of the outdoors to health and exercise
- 259 featured hikes—virtually every hike worth taking within an hour’s drive of L.A.
- Something for every skill level: from short nature trails to challenging peak climbs and canyon treks
- At-a-glance essential information, including distance, hiking time, and elevation gain
- Trail details and maps to help readers find their way
- Ratings for key elements to help readers quickly decide which hikes to choose