Fodor's Essential Caribbean
Fodor's Travel Guides
- New front cover has an eye-catching full-bleed image with key selling points on the front.
- - New back cover is fully-redesigned.
- - “Best of” Lists - Every book now includes a variety of additional illustrated “Best of” lists (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going) that will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination.
- - Other useful features include Great Itineraries, Calendar of Events, Top Pools, Best Buffets, and more
- - “Travel Smart” (logistical planning tips section) has been moved to the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel.
- - Neighborhood Chapters – City guides are now organized by neighborhood chapters, where you’ll find all categories about that neighborhood, including sights, restaurants, hotels, and nightspots in the same convenient chapter. Each category will receive an icon that will be repeated throughout the book
- - More images – Better use of full- and half-page images throughout the book.
- - Stronger Voice and Opinions – The tone and language of all Fodor's guides are more friendly and conversational, offering stronger opinions and more personality. Fodor's goes beyond informational to being inspirational.
TOURISM TRENDS: Some examples of the return of tourism in the Caribbean
• New direct flights being added on a regular basis include non-stop flights on Norwegian Air from Montreal to Martinique on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- • Cruise tourism has bounced backed almost 100% in the region, bringing thousands of visitors and millions of dollars to areas where many hotels are still shuttered.
- • American Airlines will be the first U.S. carrier to fly nonstop to St. Vincent and the Grenadines, when it starts year-round Saturday service from Miami on Dec. 22.
- • Almost all resorts that were damaged by Hurricane Maria in 2017 will be opened and back in business by 2019
CURATED AND RELEVANT: Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time. Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
CONCISE: Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book main description.