with the Best Road Trips
Fodor's Travel Guides
Ready to experience California? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s California travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of California, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to get a glimpse of the Hollywood sign, wander among giant redwood trees at Muir Woods, or camp in a National Park, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out. Our local writers vet every recommendation to ensure that you not only make the most of your time, but that you also have all the most up-to-date and essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s California includes:
- ● AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of California.
- ● SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on the San Diego Zoo and wine tasting in Sonoma.
- ● INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- ● MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- ● MORE THAN 45 MAPS to help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- ● EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- ● TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- ● LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
- ● HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- ● INSIDER TIPS for navigating California’s National Parks.
- ● COVERS: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley National Park, Napa and Sonoma, the Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey, Route 66, Carmel, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, the Mojave Desert, Palm Springs, Sacramento, and more.
Planning on spending more time in California? Check out Fodor’s Los Angeles, Fodor's San Francisco, Fodor's San Diego, and Fodor's Napa & Sonoma.