Fodor's Northern California
With Napa & Sonoma, Yosemite, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe & The Best Road Trips
Fodor's Travel Guides
- • In 2018, Fodor’s Northern California was the most popular Northern California guidebook sold; it led the market with a 35% market share. (Source: DecisionKey 2018)
• Fodor's Northern has more maps—including a pull-out map—than other guidebooks to the region, and detailed road trip itineraries not found in competitor guides.
• Brand-new, curated and definitive lists on the best of the best throughout California.
- • New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
• New back cover is fully-redesigned
• Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
• Other useful features ion Great Itineraries, Walking Tours, Calendar of Events
• “Travel Smart” (logistical planning tips section) has been moved to the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
• Stronger Voice and Opinions of all Fodor's guides are more friendly and conversational in tone, offering stronger opinions and more personality. Fodor's goes beyond informational to being inspirational
- • Highway 1, which wraps around the gorgeous Big Sur coastline, has reopened since landslides in 2017 forced its closure.
• Travel spending in California increases annually. Visitor arrivals on domestic flights increased by 5.6% year over year from 2016 to 2017. Source: industry.visitcalifornia.com
• Yosemite had 4.2 million visitors in 2018 (91% of which were Americans)
• San Francisco had 25.6 million visitors in 2017
• Oakland made National Geographic’s best Trips for 2019 list
- • Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
• Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- • Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.