Fodor's Southern California
with Los Angeles, San Diego, the Central Coast & the Best Road
Fodor's Travel Guides
Whether you want to wander the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, lounge poolside in Palm Springs, or marvel at the San Diego Zoo, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Southern California are here to help! Fodor’s Southern California guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on Disneyland, incredible beaches, and the best road trips.
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- SPECIAL FEATURES on Highway 1 (the Ultimate California Road Trip) and the San Diego Zoo
- COVERS: Los Angeles, Orange County and Disneyland, San Diego, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Big Sur, the Central Valley, Monterey, Yosemite, Death Valley, the Southern Sierras, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Joshua Tree, and more.
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems.
Planning on visiting more of California? Check out Fodor’s Northern California, Fodor’s Los Angeles, Fodor’s San Diego, and Fodor’s San Francisco.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images included in the physical edition.